You have three basic options: vote early, vote in-person or vote by mail.
1. Vote Early: You can vote early in person or if you received a mail-in ballot you can bring it with you and put it in a drop box at the locations and times listed on our Current Elections page.
2. Vote In Person: If you’re comfortable voting in person, plan to do that. Decide now when you’ll head to the polls on Tuesday, Nov. 3 and create an event in your phone’s calendar. For example: VOTE!! on November 3rd @ 8-9 am. Then convince a friend to go with you, grab a mask on your way out the door, and make your voice heard! For information on what to expect at your polling station and the location of your polling station, click here.
3. Vote By Mail: If you’d rather vote by mail, the Allegheny County Elections Office will be sending mail-in ballot applications to all registered voters. You can also apply for a mail-in ballot now online. Really, there’s no time to lose. Fortunately, you can do this in 5 minutes on your smartphone or computer. Just click here and get it done! Deadline for vote by mail requests (applications) is October 27.
Note: When your mail-in ballot arrives, fill it out and drop it in the mail as soon as possible. If you wait until the week of the election, your ballot may not arrive in time to be counted.
- Not sure if you’re registered at your current Pennsylvania address? Check your voter registration status here.
- Need to register to vote at your current Pennsylvania address? Fix that now by clicking here.
- Need to find your polling place? Click here.
- Changed your mind and decided to vote in person (so your vote will be counted on election day, for example)? If so, remember to take your mail-in ballot with you, and give it to the poll-workers before you vote!
- Wondering where your ballot is? Click here.